Friday, June 29, 2007

Building a new Eyepiece Case

With my recent purchase of another eyepiece (a 9mm Super Plossl), I am slowly building up a collection of gear that is no longer fit for a shoebox ;) I decided to look at eyepiece cases, and found quite a few. Most are expensive, and I'm a cheapskate. I decided to take the advice of several online write-ups and bought a case at Lowes that should do the trick.

It's a tool case, but comes with an insert made of the "diced" foam - this allows for easy customization. I should be able to get all of my eyepieces (32mm, 25mm, 9mm, 2x barlow) into the case, with plenty of room left over for my LED flashlight.

I'll take pictures of the final case, but here's a picture of the Lowes case from their website. Should be around $25 in the stores (maybe less, maybe more, depending on sales).

No comments: